Frequently Asked QuestionsUpdatedWednesday October 18, 2017 byOakville Minor Ball Hockey League.
Frequentley Asked Questions
- For Fall/Winter – Games will be played mostly on Saturdays throughout the day
- For Spring/Summer – Games will be played mostly on Sundays throughout the day
- For Spring/Summer Girls Divisions - Games will be played mostly on Saturdays throughout the day
- The Learn to Play program plays Saturday (Fall/Winter) or Sunday Mornings (Spring/Summer) around 9:00am and the other divisions follow in order of age.
- The Girls Division Learn to Play program plays Saturday Mornings (Spring/Summer) around 9:00am and the other divisions follow in order of age.
- Games are played at various arenas throughout Oakville please see our Arenas page for Maps
- The kids will mostly only play one game per week
- In total our minor program offers 11 games including playoffs (Spring through Fall) and 9 games including playoffs (Winter Season)
- Our main program does not have practices, however children selected for the Oakville Rangers will have practices as scheduled by their coaches.
- The OMBHL has a co-ed league where boys and girls play together.
If you wish to be in the ALL Girls Only Divisions, please make sure to specify this on your registration form.
- The Spring/Summer season starts in April and continues until late June.
In July our Oakville Rangers will compete in the OBHF Provincial Tournament against other cities across the province. The tournament usually takes place in early to mid July.
- The Fall Season starts in October and ends in December
- The Winter Season starts in January and ends in March
- Please visit our equipment page for more detailed information.
- Please visit our Rules Page for more information
- Our age groups are as follows for 2017.
We go by BIRTH YEAR ONLY for all our divisions.
Learn to Play/Squirt (2011-2014)
1. Registrations can be made online here. Create a NEW account or login to your old one. If you register during the early bird - **Note that if not paid by cut off date the discount will be removed.
2. In person registrations can be made at various locations in Oakville please visit here for updated information on In Person Registration dates.
- Or you can mail the registration form with payment to:
- All registered players will receive a player package consisting of team Jersey, shorts and socks. Players will have league games officiated by CBHA certified referees, an OBHF membership with insurance coverage. All stats officially recorded on our website and a chance to play Provincially for our Oakville Rangers program and even Nationally through CBHA sanctioned events.
- Yes, as long as it is specified on the registration form. The OMBHL will do our best to have friends assigned to the same team. That being said we can not accommodate all requests and have to do our best to balance the teams as much as possible.
1 Friend request per child. No daisy chaining or linking a group together or requesting an entire team. We want everyone to have fun and will enforce our equalization policy if required where a group of higher level players as to be together. We will hae to split them up among all the house league teams and only allow 1 friend per player to be together. Groups etc can only be requested for Provincial teams as long as they are all in the same division.
- In order to be a Coach in the OMBHL please contact us @ 905-637-8118 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyone is required to have a Volunerable Sector certificate from the local law enforcement agency. A copy must be emailed or mailed to the office as proof. This is for the Safety for the children as well as the league. We honor within 3 years.
*** All Coaches must have a proper Police check completed before they are named as coach.
- Our League is mainly considered house league program, however any kids that want to play more competitively can tryout for our Oakville Rangers Program please visit our Oakville Rangers page for more info
- All teams that play in our championship games will receive either a Championship or Finalist medal
- The Ontario Ball Hockey Federation Provincial Championships are Tournaments held in July. All participating leagues from Ontario send teams in hope of winning a Provincial title. The location of the tournaments vary by year and are held in early/mid July.
- The opportunity is open to all our members. The Coaching staff selected by the OMBHL will scout players during the course of the season. If there are too many kids in an age group interested in playing then we will select the players that will best represent our program.
- Yes there is a cost to play for the Oakville Rangers, please visit our Oakville Rangers Page for more information.